Do you know how to advance in your software engineering career? Have you ever thought of being a manager or team lead after spending some time in engineering? Most of the time, people believe that it's a one-way road. This week, we talked about career changes in software engineering. My guest was Tobias Bales. He is a Software Engineer at Jimdo. He worked as an Engineering Manager for two years and decided to go back to engineering.
We talked about
- How should the career of an engineer look like?
- Does the road always go to management? What are the other options?
- What is the real difference between an engineer and an engineering manager?
- How to convince the company to go back to engineering?
- How different engineering and management are?
and many more!
Last Updated: 17.02.2021