This week my guest was Yasemin Alpay. She works as a Senior Backend Engineer at Bonial.com. We discussed one of the essential topics - diversity and gender discrimination in Tech. We focused on the diversity problems in the software world. Why women (and non-men genders) struggle to receive the credit? What makes a woman's work-life hard?
We talked about
- What is discrimination?
- Why are we bad at diversity in tech?
- Is the entry barrier high?
- What is the glass-ceiling effect?
- What is harassment at work?
- Does discrimination happen only in gender?
and many more!